iMaps+ for Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad
1136 ratings )
Current version: 4.2
, last update: 2 weeks ago
First release : 09 Jan 2013
App size: 20.23 Mb
iMaps+ brings Google maps, directions and street view back to your iOS device.
- Search by address or textual query (eg London, UK or Restaurants in New York). In addition, you can radar search the visible map area to locate places of interest such as restaurants, pubs, ATMs and more.
- Just tap on any of the places of interest on the map for more details, or to access street view.
- Street view can also be accessed from a dropped pin, search result or bookmarked location. Alternatively, drag the peg-man from the top left of the screen as on Google Maps on a desktop.
- Book hotels via our partnerships with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda.com
- Map details are cached once viewed, browse them again even when you dont have an internet connection - perfect for travelling!
- Get step by step driving, cycling, walking and public transport directions. Choose to avoid highways or tolls and select from a number of alternative routes. For public transport, you also have the option of setting an arrival/departure time.
- Set up notifications to fire when you arrive at a specific location.
- Record journeys such as a hike, bike ride or road trip, even while the app is in the background. Recorded routes are saved and can be recalled at any time. (IAP)
- Swipe up and down with two fingers to tilt the map and access 3D views in main cities around the world.
- Map overlays including live traffic, public transport lines and indoor maps.
- Use addresses from your iPhone contacts for search and directions.
- Press and hold to drop a pin anywhere on the map.
- Bookmark important locations for quick access.
- Directions and search in English, French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Korean, Hindi and more.
** Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support **
Directions, street view and live traffic details are only available in certain geographical regions.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apptility Limited is not related to, or affiliated with, Google, Inc. Google Maps™, Google Places™, PEGMAN™ and Google Street View™ are trademarks of Google, Inc
Pros and cons of iMaps+ for Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad
iMaps+ for Google Maps app good for
Having abandoned the Windows world I was looking for a good application to replace the old Microsoft "Street and Trips". This is the one. Easy to use and simply excellent.
I 58 years old studying maps is a favourite pastime of mine.
This app. Is by far the best Ive come across many thanks to the developers who made this.
Absolutely amazing app. Ive used several apps that boost about their own products. However, iMaps and Google actually DO back up what they say their products can provide. Not only that, but if something goes wrong along the way, they will ALWAYS find a way to fix. Keep up the awesome job and thank You to the Entire staff.
The views provided by this map are far superior to those of the Google Map app. This app provides full screen view of the map, unlike the Google app, which uses 1/3 of the screen showing frequently unwanted information. I frequently want to view large areas at a time, which this app makes possible. In addition, the user interface is well thought out and effective.
Since the Google maps are hard to use with iPad this neatly fills the bill.
Still preferable to google maps. I still like it a lot.
I have conveyed people to addresses all over the northeastern seaboard for over 4 decades; and NEVER has an interior picture of a restaurant or hotel been used as a navigational aide. The current practice of using a hotels dining room or rooftop bar in place of the buildings exterior does not help someone get to their destination safely. Your mapping system is good. (It was great before those stupid interior pictures.)
Some bad moments
I find the free mapping apps are superior in many ways, with this app I can have my destination visible, write the location out word for word as displayed, but it wont navigate to that point.
Results are often incorrect.
After trying for months to use this app, I use Google Maps or even the Apple mapping app with easier and more predictable results.
Just came back from Seattle and Im going to try to get my money back. After putting in the address it once took me 30 minutes in the wrong direction. It continued to change my addresses into coordinates so I couldnt tell where i was going until it is as too late.
Being able to print information or copy and paste it into a word processor is a basic of computers. Why Google maps and I maps doesnt like to do that is beyond me. Not always want to use the GPS feature on the iPad, what is wrong with putting in a basic printing ability for at least being able to copy and paste and print?
Do not buy until fixed. Apptility not responding.
Error: This page was unable to display a Google Maps Element ...
My current location is ALWAYS listed WRONG! Why cant you fix this problem!
Pretending doing a lit, the app does very little. Not worthy.
google street view,
google maps offline,
google earth street view,
google maps street view,
google earth pro,
google trips - travel planner,
google maps app,
google map offline,
google maps gps,
google map app,
google earth app,
google maps traffic,
street view maps,
and other. So, download free iMaps+ for Google Maps .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually iMaps+ for Google Maps iOS app used & searched for